WHOLE BODY VIBRATION FOR HEALTHCARE
WBV Exercises for healthcare
To view a complete list of stretches and exercises, Click Here.
- 64,000 Chiropractors in the US
- Are already trained as primary physicians
- We specialized in Conservative care for last 120 years
- We already see many of these patients and have their trust
- Our holistic approach of CMT, diet, detoxification, exercise is very cost effective compared to the alternatives of medication and surgery
WHERE DOES CHIROPRACTIC FIT?
- Proprioceptive System
- Afferent Fibers
- Ascending Tracts
- Vestibular Correlation
- Motor Cortex
- Efferent Fibers
- Brain Plasticity - the brain's ability to change and respond to prolonged stimuli
- Increases the density and number of dendrites along the tail of brain cells
- Are the connections with other brain cells to transmit information
- The ability to sense of the relative positioning of neighboring body parts.
- Transmits the sense of our body in the 3 –D room.
- It measures whether the body is moving within the appropriate effort
- It regulates the various body parts in location to each other
- Regulates balance
- Transmits sense of pressure, vibration and overall awareness of the position of the body
For lack of time we will focus on Physical Factors today
In Chiropractic, Balance and Posture are the result of integration of
- Postural Alignment
- Muscular Strength/Flexibility
- Functionality and System Integration
All have a profound impact on our health and well- being!
BALANCE AND POSTURE
- Brain Plasticity/ Brain Mapping
- Sets our postural positioning in the 3-D Room.
- Is dependent on input mechanisms and feedback
- WBV is a significant, challenging, non-threatening stimulus that acts as a wake-up call to the proprio-ceptive system!
- Neurologic changes via proprioceptive facilitation
- Micro-massaging tissues
- Improvements of Circulatory/Lymphatic System
- Thermograhic Changes suggest Local Sympathetic Response
- Pain Decrease
- Better Functionality
INTEGRATING WBV WITH REHABILITATION/ DECOMPRESSION
- WBV is a great asset for any practitioner who offers injury rehabilitation. It is simple to use, works fast and efficiently, is easy to learn and most of all, it is safe!
- WBV effectively improves bone density with just a few minutes of training done consistently
- Vibration helps wake up inactive collateral muscles. It correlates proprioceptive function.
INJURY REHABILITATION & THERAPY
WBV is a form of exercise that allows you the gain all of the physiological benefits of exercise in a condensed time frame.
The muscles are forced to contract anywhere from 20-50 times every second, and every contraction recruits nearly 100% of the muscle fibers.
Whichever body tissue is put in line and “loaded” on the vibration platform is where the effect of vibration will be felt.
This allows the user to get a whole body workout in only 10 minutes a day.
Virtually any exercise can be performed on a WBV platform! It will be more of a static exercise where the user holds the position and the machine creates the motion.
Chiropractors and Physical Therapists use WBV to accelerate rehabilitation time and efforts, as an adjunct to their treatment efforts and as a form of therapy.
This modality is very easy to implement and very safe to use
It an excellent revenue generating source which requires minimal effort and supervision.
Patients love it!!
BENEFITS OF WHOLE BODY VIBRATION FOR HEALTHCARE OFFICES/FACILITIES:
WBV causes increased lymph drainage, which lowers the pressure in vericose veins so the valves of the veins can close off
REDUCES VARICOSE VEINS
WBV stimulates all cells in the body, increases blood flow, and oxygen intake and stimulates metabolism to help flush out toxins.
There are two types of bone cells. Ostioblast (bone maker) and Ostioclast (bone shaper). Bone loss is due to more Ostioclast than Ostioblast cells. WBV stimulates more weight bearing exercise and gravity stimulates ostioblast cells.
INCREASES BONE DENSITY
WBV improves muscle strength the same way regular exercise does. Vibrations lengthen and shorten the fibers however many times per second you have the frequency set at, which is more efficient and increases strength.
IMPROVES MUSCLE STRENGTH
WBV increases blood flow, lymph drainage, oxygenation of cells, the release of endorphins, and detoxification of the body.
WBV works from the inside out. Waste products are expelled at a cellular, lymphatic and excretion level.
WBV improves circulation through increased blood flow by stimulating the exercise heart rate.
WBV increases circulation blood flow and oxygen intake. WBV also reduces cortisol (the stress hormone) and creates and releases endorphins. It also detoxifies the system, enhancing relaxation.
WBV increases circulation and blood flow and increases HGH and Testosterone levels. On another level WBV also helps to release endorphins, detoxify the system and reduce cortisol.
WBV assists by allowing new tissues to build and grow, increases circulation, allows the oxygenation of cells, increases metabolism and flushes the toxins out of the body at a higher and faster rate
The direct effect of WBV stimulates blood flow to ligaments and tendons and enhances the stretch reflex.
Since the muscles are working at almost 100% through the use of WBV, they are burning more glucose and oxygen, therefore pushing the heart to pump harder and get more oxygen to the muscles.
For a comprehensive list of benefits, click here.
Link to NIH.gov article about Healthcare and WBV